Official Contest Rules
Winter on a Budget Contest
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ALL ENTRANTS AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE RULES.
I. THE CONTEST
The Fairstone Financial Inc. (“Fairstone”) Winter on a Budget Contest (the “Contest”) runs online via Facebook from Monday December 3, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time until Wednesday, December 12, 2018 at 17:00 p.m. Eastern Time (the “Contest Period”).
The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada who are of the age of majority in the Province/Territory of residence at the moment of entry into the Contest. Employees, agents and representatives of Fairstone or its subsidiaries or affiliates, its advertising or promotional agencies, as well as members of their immediate family, common-law spouses, or anyone living in the same household with any such person, are not eligible to win.
III. HOW TO ENTER/ NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
No purchase is required to enter the Contest. To enter, proceed as follows:
- Go to Fairstone’s Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/FairstoneCanada/ (the “Page).
- Comment your favourite winter on a budget tip under one on one of our Winter on a budget themed posts on Facebook using #WinterOnABudgetFS. Tip must relate to how you can save money, and do budget-friendly things during the winter season.
- All winter on a budget activities / tips must be less than 200 characters to be valid.
There is a total one (1) prize available to be won across Canada during the Contest Period. The total value of the prize is $1,000 in Canadian dollars.
- One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded, consisting of a $500 Amazon eGift card to the winner and a $500 cheque to the winners local United Way with their name disclosed in the “memo” of the cheque.
V. ODDS OF WINNING
The odds of winning a prize depend upon the number of comments received during the Contest Period.
VI. SELECTION OF WINNERS
Fairstone representative will input all relevant and appropriate winter on a budget submissions from Facebook comments into an Excel spreadsheet and will randomly draw the winner.
Where more than one message is submitted by the same Facebook user, and the messages contain at least two messages which are the same or substantially similar to one another, only one entry will proceed to the random draw.
The random draw will occur Thursday December 13, 2018 and the winner will be contacted via private message on Facebook Friday December 14, 2018. Winner will be announced on Facebook once winner’s release form is signed and returned.
To be declared the winner of a prize, within five (5) business days of receipt, selected Finalist must correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question and sign Fairstone’s standard release form. Fairstone may provide a short list of questions or ask for feedback on the Contest, but providing a response to questions or feedback will be entirely voluntary and will not affect the outcome of the Contest.
The release form will contain consent to the use of the Finalists’ first name and last initial, unique Facebook handle, City/Province of residence, and the winter on a budget tip provided (in a complete or abridged format). The consent shall be irrevocable, and permit Fairstone or Junior Achievement to use the information in advertising or other publicity by Fairstone and/or its agencies, without any payment or other compensation, including, without limitation, consent to publication of the foregoing on the Fairstone website(s), microsite(s), e-newsletter, video, various social media channels, blog, or any other locations without compensation.
If Fairstone, acting reasonably, cannot contact a selected entrant within seven (7) business days of the date voting closes, or if such person does not qualify, a random draw will be redone. Fairstone will make reasonable efforts to contact and qualify that person within seven (7) further business days, failing which another name will be selected, and so on.
VII. PRIZE CLAIM DEADLINE
The prize winner must claim their prize by 5:00 p.m. on Friday January 18, 2019.
VIII. CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO THE PRIZE
The following conditions apply to the prizes:
- A prize must be accepted as awarded, without substitutions or transfers, except in Fairstone’s sole discretion.
- Fairstone reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- In the case of loss, theft, damage, alteration or non-authorized use, cheques will not be refunded or replaced.
- Any costs incurred in collecting and using a prize is the winner’s responsibility.
There is a limit of one entry per person of the Contest Period.
All submissions must be original content created by the entrant. Any submissions that infringe on copyright or trademark rights or that contains foul language or offensive content (as determined solely within Fairstone’s discretion) will be disqualified.
Should an entrant submit the same or substantially similar winter on a budget activity or tip more than once, only the first entry will be considered.
X. GENERAL CONDITIONS
- By entering the Contest, each entrant irrevocably authorizes Fairstone and its community partners to edit and use the entrant’s winter on a budget and handle for promotion and publicity purposes, in any form of media, whether now existing or created in the future, in perpetuity and on a worldwide basis, without compensation of any kind.
- Fairstone is not responsible for any human or computer-generated or other technical error in the administration of the Contest, for the unavailability of Contest or other websites, transmission errors that result in the loss of entries, incomplete entries, or for erroneous potential winner or winner announcements.
- Winners must comply with Contest Rules, terms and conditions, and Fairstone reserves the right to disqualify a person and all entries submitted by that person where they do not comply with the Contest Rules.
- Contest entrants forever release and discharge Fairstone, its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, and agents from any and all actions, causes of action, claims, costs and payments for damages, loss, injury, or death, however occurring, as a result of participating in this Contest or accepting and using the prize.
- Fairstone reserves the right, subject to any approvals required by law by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, to amend these Rules without notice, or to terminate or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, and at Fairstone’s discretion, award none, some or all of the prizes in a random draw from all entries received up until the date and/or time that the Contest terminated, for any reason, including, but not limited to, if events beyond its reasonable control make continuation not feasible, or if the integrity of the Contest is impaired for any reason including, but not limited to, if a virus, bug, computer, electronic or system malfunction, or if human error or another cause beyond Fairstone’s control should corrupt the administration, security or fair play of this Contest.
- All of Fairstone’s decisions concerning the Contest are final.
- Any person who enters or tries to enter the Contest in a manner which is unfair to the other entrants, including, but not limited to, artificially increasing votes through manual or mechanical means, will be automatically disqualified and may be referred to the appropriate authorities.
- Contest entries are subject to verification by Fairstone. Any Contest entry or Contest-related form that is, in Fairstone’s opinion, fraudulent, incomplete, mutilated or that does not allow Fairstone to correctly identify the entrant will be rejected and will not entitle the individual to an entry or a prize.
- For residents of Quebec, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping parties reach a settlement. For residents of all other Provinces/Territories outside Quebec, any litigation must be commenced in the City of Toronto, Ontario.
- This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
By entering this Contest, you agree to provide such personal information to Fairstone that is necessary to administer the Contest.