Official Website Survey Contest Rules (the “Rules”)
BY COMPLETING THE SURVEY AND PROVIDING FULL NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS, ALL ENTRANTS AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE RULES.
THE SURVEY CONTEST:
The Fairstone Financial Inc. (“Fairstone”) Customer Website Survey Contest (the “Survey Contest”) runs for consecutive 365-day years from February 1, 2017 at 12:01:01 a.m. Eastern Time until terminated by Fairstone (the “Total Survey Contest Period”). Each 365-day year within the Total Survey Contest Period is herein referred to as the “Survey Contest Period”.
The Survey Contest is open to legal residents of Canada who are of the age of majority in the Province/Territory of entry into the Survey Contest, and who are an existing customer of Fairstone. Employees, agents and representatives of Fairstone or its subsidiaries or affiliates, agents, advertising or promotional agencies, or anyone living in the same household with any such person are not eligible to participate in the Survey Contest.
The sponsor of this Survey Contest is Fairstone.
There are ten (10) prizes (each, a “Prize”) available to be won across Canada during each Survey Contest Period.
Each Prize consists of an Amazon gift card valued at $100. All dollar amounts in the Rules are in Canadian dollars. The Prize cannot be transferred for value and must be accepted as awarded, without substitutions or transfers, except in Fairstone’s sole discretion.
Winners must comply with the Rules’ terms and conditions. Fairstone reserves the right to substitute the Prize for a prize of equal or greater value. Any additional costs incurred in collecting and using the Prize are the Survey winner’s responsibility. There is a maximum of one Prize awarded per Respondent per year.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
The survey (the “Survey”) will be transmitted to Fairstone existing customers via Fairstone’s Customer Email Newsletters, and to new or returning Fairstone customers via Fairstone’s Welcome Email or Online Account Management registration email.
To participate, eligible customers will need to complete the Survey during the Survey Contest Period (each such eligible customer, a “Respondent”), and provide their full name and email address (each completed Survey a “Submission”).
Limit of one (1) Submission into the Survey Contest per Respondent. All Submissions become the property of Fairstone. Fairstone will contact only the Respondent whose Survey Contest Submission is drawn.
Twice during the Survey Contest Period, a random draw of Survey Contest Submissions will be made to select five Respondents (each one, a “Selected Respondent”). The first draw for five (5) Prizes will be conducted by Fairstone on June 1 of each calendar yearat 3:00 p.m. local time; and the second draw for the remaining five (5) Prizes will be conducted by Fairstone, on December 1 of each calendar yearat 3:00 p.m. local time. Submissions received between December 1 and January 31 of the ongoing Contest Survey Period, will be entered in the June 1 draw of the following Contest Survey Period. The draws will be conducted at Fairstone’s offices located at 355 Wellington Street, London, Ontario N6A 3N7 or at 1 London Place, 255 Queens Ave, London, Ontario N6A 5R8.
The odds of winning a Prize depend upon the number of Submissions received prior to each draw during the Total Survey Contest Period.
Fairstone will send an email to each Selected Respondent (the “Notification Email”) via the email address that the Selected Respondent provided in the Survey. The following documents will be attached to the Notification Email for completion by the Selected Respondent: (i) a declaration and release form (the “Release Form”), and (ii) a mathematical skill-testing question (the “Skill-Testing Question”). In the event that the Selected Respondent does not reply to the Notification Email, fails to sign and return the Release Form, or fails to correctly answer the Skill-Testing Question via email, all within seven business days of the Notification Email being sent, the Selected Respondent will forfeit the Prize and a redraw from the remaining Survey Contest submissions will occur.
ALL POTENTIAL SURVEY CONTEST WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL. A SELECTED RESPONDENT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, UNLESS AND UNTIL THE SELECTED RESPONDENT'S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED BY SPONSOR AND THE SELECTED RESPONDENT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED BY SPONSOR THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
The Selected Respondents will be notified via the Notification Email on the next business day following the draw.
In order to be declared a winner, the Selected Respondent must comply with the Rules, respond to the Notification Email, sign and return to Fairstone the Release Form, correctly answer the Skill-Testing Question via email, and make suitable arrangements to collect the Prize from Fairstone, all within seven business days of the Notification Email being sent.
The Release Form contains the Selected Respondent’s consent (1) to be contacted by for research purposes and (2) to the use of his or her name, address and/or photograph in advertising or other publicity by Fairstone, its agencies, or its third party service providers, without any payment or other compensation to the Selected Respondent, including without limitation, publication on the Fairstone website(s), microsite(s) and e-newsletters, among other locations, of the Selected Respondent’s name, the fact that the Selected Respondent is or was a Fairstone customer, that Selected Respondent is a Prize winner, any other basic biographical details the Selected Respondent provides to Fairstone representatives when claiming the Prize, and any statements the Selected Representative makes to Fairstone representatives regarding the Prize, the Survey Contest, or his or her thoughts/feelings about winning the Prize (which may be quoted in a complete or an abridged format).
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Fairstone, its officers, directors, employees, agents, promotional agencies, venue owners, event or sponsorship partners and prize suppliers and their subsidiaries, related or offiliated entities and each of their respective successirs and assigns (the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for any human or computer-generated or other technical error in the administration of the Survey or of the Survey Contest; or for the unavailability of Survey websites; transmission errors that result in the loss of submissions; incomplete submissions, or for erroneous potential winner or winner announcements. Survey Respondents forever release and discharge the Released Parties from any and all actions, causes of action, claims, costs and payments for damages, loss, injury, or death, however occurring, as a result of participating in this Survey Contest or accepting and using the Prize.
Survey Contest submissions are subject to verification by Fairstone. Any Survey Contest submission form that is, in Fairstone’s opinion, fraudulent, incomplete, mutilated, contains inappropriate language or content, or that does not allow Fairstone to correctly identify the Selected Respondent will be rejected and will not entitle the individual to a Prize.
This Survey and the Survey Contest are subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations and are void where prohibited.
By completing the Survey and by entering the Survey Contest, each Respondent agrees:
- to be bound by the Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which decisions shall be final and binding;
- to the unrestricted use, by the Sponsor, in its discretion, or its agents, of his/her name and/or likeness, address, city/province or territory of residence, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, and ideas for advertising, promotional purposes, and/or trade and/or any other purpose in any media or format now or hereafter known without further compensation, permission, or notification, other than the value of the prize offered;
- to sign the Release Form granting and acknowledging the rights of the Sponsor, in its discretion, or its agents, to publish or broadcast the Selected Respondent's picture, portrait, likeness, name, address, voice and statements for publicity purposes, without any further compensation, other than the value of the prize offered;
- the Selected Respondent will sign the Release Form, or such other supporting documentation that the Sponsor may request, to give effect to such release upon request by Sponsor;
- the Sponsor is not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission or communication; technical or mechanical malfunctions; failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines, or telephone systems; interrupted or unavailable cable or satellite systems; errors in the Rules, in any Survey-related advertisements or other materials; failures of electronic equipment, computer hardware or software; or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by equipment, programming used in this Survey or Survey Contest, human processing error, or otherwise.
- Fairstone reserves the right to terminate or suspend the Survey or Survey Contest in whole or in part, and at Fairstone's discretion, award no prizes in a random draw from all submissions received during any Survey Contest Period, for any reason, including, but not limited to, if events beyond its reasonable control make Survey or Survey Contest administration not feasible, or if the integrity of the Survey or Survey Contest is impaired for any reason including, but not limited to, a virus, bug, computer, electronic or system malfunction, or if human error or another cause beyond Fairstone's control should corrupt the administration, security or fair play of this Survey or Survey Contest. Fairstone also reserves the right to amend the Rules at any time and without notice to Respondents for any reason, including, but not limited to, correcting clerical errors in the Rules or advertising materials. All of Fairstone's decisions concerning the Survey Contest are final.
- In Québec only, that pursuant to Section 5(10) of the Rules Respecting Publicity Contests (Quebec), any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation with respect to awarding a prize may be submitted to the board onlt for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
By entering this Survey Contest, you agree to provide such personal information to Fairstone that is necessary to administer the Survey and Survey Contest. You also agree to have your personal information used to create a list of Respondents and for the completion of the random draw.
These are the Rules. The Rules are subject to change without notice. The Sponsor reserves the right to amend, withdraw, or terminate all or any portion of the Survey or Survey Contest at any time for any reason without prior notice. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Survey or Survey Contest in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind without prior notice or obligation. In the event of a conflict between the Rules published in the English language and the Rules published in the French language, the English language version shall prevail.
Any litigation with respect to the Contest Survey must be commenced in the City of Toronto, Ontario.